Thursday 10 July 2008

Compiz to the rescue... Again!

G
rowing resentment over Metacitys inability to let me choose which mouse-button to use for resizing windows has led me into the loving arms of Compiz, once again.

I thought that I could learn to live with the GNOME Desktop hegemony but I was wrong. After a long and hard search of the internet I have yet to find an elegant solution to my problem; remapping "-Mouse2" to "-Mouse3". I even went so far as to consider KDE4. Since KDE4 doesn't seem to be ready to emancipate me just yet I had to find someting else to get the job done.

Compiz does it again. I found that I would rather have a slightly heavier desktop than live with using the middle mouse-button to resize my windows. After tweaking the Compiz settings a bit it proves quite fast and I do like that windows fade to gray instead of displaying an hourglass/wristwatch at the cursor. Windows going down in a blaze of fire is also good fun.

No comments: